Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Snow day!

I know this entry isn't going to be very exciting for those of you hailing from up north (read: anywhere north of Austin), but I am SO PUMPED about the snow today! This is the first time in years that I've seen snowflakes that are bigger than sleet particles and that actually stay on the ground. It seems like it's over now, but I'll take a good 2 hours of snow over none at all!

I won't lie, I've been ridiculous the entire time it's been snowing. Anu still had to go to work today (suck), but my work was canceled and I've been literally hopping around in the backyard since I got back from running errands this morning. I feel obligated to document the snow since it's likely that this will not happen again for quite some time. Plus, it's the first snow in our new house! It's silly, but a milestone no less! :-)

The kitties are enjoying the fact that the heater is on again and Rosko is thrilled that I've been going in and out of the back door  all afternoon since it's located in his room and he gets a nice icy breeze every time. I'd let him go outside, but he can't get wet. The thing about Chinchillas is that because their fur is so dense it's possible for moisture to get trapped and not be able to evaporate. That creates a perfect little home for fungus and mold, and then you have a real problem on your hands. Since the little man seems to be very proud of his perfectly fluffy coat, I would hate to have to shave bits of him. As such, no snow time.

Speaking of the squeaky guy, let's have him make his blog debut:


And just so it doesn't seem like I'm playing favorites, here are the other kiddos:

 

  

Ahh, I love my kitty filled house. Max has really horrible gas from time to time and Molly likes to act like she lives a tragic life, but they are wonderful. Rosko is one of the happiest things in my whole life, he ALWAYS puts a smile on my face with his adorable chubby little self and hilarious personality. 
I posted a video on facebook earlier of the snow, but then it started snowing harder and I took a better video. Since you're the blog followers (and therefore my favorite people), you get to see the better one! I hope today has been fun for all of you!



Love and Kisses,
Dana

2 comments:

  1. Awww it is a milestone.

    My mind has been warped though. When you said "snow on the ground" I really thought that meant the ground was going to be covered. How quickly we adapt =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made so many videos of the snow today too, Harley probably thought I was crazy because everytime it would start snowing "hard" we'd go outside and I'd chase her around with my camera trying to take pictures of her and the snow ^_^

    ReplyDelete