Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The mid-week grumpies

I know Mondays are the typical "oh god, I hate life..." days, but I'm starting to think that Tuesdays and Wednesdays are the biggest downers for me personally. I suppose that I'm just sort of resigned to the fact that Mondays are horrible, but it's really around mid week where I start to feel like I'm trapped in a day that is taking 26 years to pass. Additionally, I think I still have some of that college mindset left in me that registers Thursdays as the actual beginning of the weekend. Oh college, I miss you. (*note* I do not miss post-bacc work. That statement also doesn't apply to grad school/med school/law school/etc. Just regular old undergrad.)

I hope that doesn't make it sound like I'm constantly depressed or anything, I'm more than happy with life right now...I just prefer the weekend parts!

In other news, people who lose their minds and go into hysterics when facebook changes formats crack me up. I could never EVER work for facebook, I would lose my cool on people. The new facebook layout is only SLIGHTLY different from the previous one; all of the same buttons are there, they're just located in slightly different places. I can't stop rolling my eyes at all the people who update their statuses to things like, "ONCE AGAIN FACEBOOK CHANGES HAVE RUINED EVERYTHING!" Grow up, it's freaking facebook. The entitlement issues some people have really do astound me. It's a site that is free to use and that millions of people are flat out addicted to, they don't owe people a damn thing. I especially like all the groups that form and threaten to boycott facebook if they don't get their precious (insert function or layout option here) back. OK princess, go ahead. See you in 2 days when you break down and realize that your life can't go on if you don't know what your friends' status updates for the day are. Personally I really like facebook, and I'll keep using it happily unless they start to charge for it.

I'm starting to get really antsy because I got an email from the website that my photographers use to host pictures saying that my event was going to be released soon. I got the email yesterday, and last time I was waiting for pics (engagement photos) it took about 2 days from the first email to when they were released. I want to see them SO BADLY!!!!! I'm glad my photogs take their time editing because the results are amazing, but waiting is no fun at all. What can I say, I'm very vain! GIVE ME PICTURES OF MYSELF TO OOGLE, INTERNET!!! ^_~

Speaking of wedding things, I NEED to get the thank you notes done. I think I'm going to do that Thursday and Friday, if I keep putting it off I'm going to miss the 2 month timeline and then I'll have to sacrifice myself to the etiquette gods. No Judith Martin, DON'T EAT ME!!!

I think that's all for this time. I'm waiting for my clothes to dry and then it's off to Girlstart to prep for the lesson and then teach club. Have a wonderful day!

Love and Kisses,
Dana

1 comment:

  1. I'm just irritated because for some reason my facebook status updates is failing to show me recent updates and is only showing me status updates from at least four hours ago. And even the most recent News updates aren't very recent...

    ReplyDelete