Monday, March 22, 2010

At some point I'll have to write about something else, won't I?

*le sigh*

Well, as much as it makes me grin like an idiot to see my post about David Gray at the top of my page, I suppose it's about time I wrote about something else.

Since my current gig is substitute teaching, I was able to sneak in yet another Spring Break. I graduated two years ago and I still get to have fun for a week in March, woo hoo! Take that, system! For the most part it was a really great break for me. I got to catch up with my friend Katye at Starbucks while I waited for Anu to come home and she waited for her husband to finish rehearsing. It's always so much fun to be able to chat with people who you don't get to see on a day to day basis, facebook and twitter are nice ways to keep in touch, but nothing beats an actual face to face conversation. I was also able to spend time with my amazing bestie Ms. Flanagan, she's a rockstar lawyer in training and as such leads a very busy life. She and I rarely have the time to sit down and have massive phone chats, so it's always a treat when we get a real visit in. I probably bored her to death by asking her a million stupid questions about basic legal principles, but she didn't complain. :-)

As per tradition she came down on St. Paddy's and we went to go consume some brewskies and have some good times. We ended up at Opal Divine's because there was NO freaking way I was going downtown to Fleadh since SXSW was also going on at the time. I just like living too much. I was able to convince the nice barman to sell me some beer even though I had managed to leave my ID with Anu the previous Sunday (you know, the 14th? The day I MET DAVID GRAY?!?!?) and as such had merrily skipped off to a bar on St Patrick's with no way to prove my 23-ness. We listened to bagpipe music, ate Irish nachos, drank beer, and gossiped like there was no freaking tomorrow. It was grand.

Unfortunately, that's where my good times decided to end. When we got home that night I felt like death, and by the time she left the next day I was sporting a full blown case of the flu. I'm over the fever/chills part as of Sunday, but I still have that really sexy death cough going on. I tend to get about 3-4 words in before I start hacking and dying, so it makes for short conversations and ruined jokes. Oh well. I should be well again before too long. I have the immune system of a champ for the most part.

I've spent today running small errands and trying to get the house back under control. You know how it goes, you're sick for a few days and then when you regain consciousness it looks like a tornado of Kleenex's has blown through the place. AAH, scary laundry buzzer just went off. More later!

Love and Kisses,
Dana

1 comment:

  1. You totally didn't bore me at all- it is nice to get to talk about all the things I work so hard to learn! I was afraid I was boring you! Haha.
    Glad you are finally feeling better...and secretly happy I didn't get it from you somehow.

    Love you rock star!

    p.s: sweet picture of you and David Gray, did you like meet him or something?

    ReplyDelete