Sunday, April 29, 2012

23 week update

Hi everybody. I'm trying to update this more often now that I'm a pregnasaurus rex so that I can have some sort of record of this time in my life, but it's tough because...it doesn't always feel super update-worthy.

Second trimester still kicks ass. The belly is definitely getting its grow on, and I'm really enjoying the fact that strangers/acquaintances can visibly tell I'm pregnant without me having to say anything. Trust me when I say that I've been waiting for this stage since day 1. Woo, belly!



The crappy part about the bump is that it makes moving around a pain in the ass. Finding a position to sleep in, trying to sit down on/get up from the couch, bending down to pick up things from the floor...none of these things are easy anymore. I've got this really sexy series of grunts and "meh" noises that have been slipping out involuntarily for a few weeks now any time I have to strain to get something done. Anu can't stop laughing. Punk-ass knocker-upper. I don't need that guff.



My awesome coworkers threw a baby shower for me and a couple of other teachers on Friday when we were done with TAKS testing and the students had left. It was so sweet, and I loved the stuff they got us. Almost all of them are parents already, so they were able to get me specific toys/blankets/creams that they know for a fact are worth it. I love them, and it makes me really sad when I think about the fact that we won't be working together anymore come June 6th. Aside from 2 or 3 ladies at Alfred Angelo, they've been the best coworkers in the entire world. Luckily I have their phone numbers and can text them incessantly to hang out with me once kiddo gets here. I'm only sort of kidding.



I've got a big old case of nesting starting to build up right now. Anu and I have picked out the crib and dresser that we want, and are going to start decorating the nursery really soon. We just need to prime the walls first so that we can try out a couple of paint colors before we commit 100%. I'm really excited. I've also become quite adept at detecting any number of small housekeeping projects that need to be worked on, though I'm not sure Anu is exactly thrilled about that development. I fall asleep almost every night trying to list and prioritize the things I'd like to get done around the house...it is every bit as weird and boring as it sounds. Remember when I used to be interesting? NOT ANYMORE, Y'ALL! :-D

OB visits have gotten super dull. There's really not much to check up on for, like, 3 appointments in a row. You go in, they take your weight and check you symptoms, the doc pops in and listens to the heartbeat, they ask you if you have any questions, and that's pretty much it. My next appointment is going to follow this trend, but the one after that is the glucose test. Basically that means that I chug an orange gatorade, wait around for 2 hours and get my blood drawn 3 times. Wheeeeee, pregnancy! Everyone gets to take your blood whenever they want! Blood for everyone!

One thing I miss right now is my blue jeans and boots. I think wearing boots with anything but jeans looks dumb as fuck, but jeans are definitely a thing of the past. This waistline absolutely does not jive with them anymore. Sad, sad times.

I guess that's all for now. Um...questions, anyone? Meh.


No comments:

Post a Comment